Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I Dreamed a Dream

I have a particular fondness for dreams; and I don't mean dreams like goals or aspirations, but dreams that come subconsciously in your mind totally separate from your control. This weekend I talked about dreams with some of my aunts and I've decided I have a new dream (real life dream): Make a short documentary of friends and family telling stories of their most vivid dreams.

And speaking of dreams, mine have repeated themes or subjects, and I'd like to list those here:

Being forced to go back to High School
Getting to England but never making it to the rest of Europe
Tatoo's (usually an Ed Hardy rose)
Missing the first day of school/not being prepared for the first day of school
Getting engaged unexpectedly
Having an awful wedding
Really disgusting bathrooms, like the most horrific thing ever
My cousin driving and getting in a car accident when she doesn't have a license (even though she does)
My siblings getting kidnapped and I have to save them

I love dreams because they exist apart from reality. They live only in our own minds and can never really be shared with anyone else. They evoke moods and feelings that can be incredibly powerful despite their lack of reality. The more I retell my dreams, I begin to understand where the subjects originate.

Anyways, here are some of my favorite pictures I've taken recently :)




No comments:

Post a Comment