Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Commentary About my Life From Shakespeare

How happy some o'er other some can be!
Through Athens (Rexburg) I am thought as fair as she.
But what of that? Demetrius (other boys I like) thinks not so;
He will not know what all but he do know.
And as he errs, doting on Hermia's eyes,
So I, admiring of his qualities.
Things base and vile, holding no quantity.
Love can transpose to form and dignity.
Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
Nor hath Love's mind of any judgement taste;
Wings, and no eyes, figure unheedy haste.
And therefore is Love said to be a child,
Because in choice he is oft beguiled.
As waggish boys in game themselves forswear,
So the boy Love is perjured everywhere.

Helena from A Midsummer Nights Dream

Thank you Shakespeare for summarizing my life and the lives of nearly every single girl I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment