Thursday, October 7, 2010

Whats Up With That

Hey Friends,

So its been forever since my last post but I just wanted to share some brief thoughts...

I've started a photography blog which I'm very nearly content with. Just a couple more things to fix and I'll be happy haha. Photography has taken off like a rocket. I love it and I'm very busy with it. But I sort of wish I could fast forward through the beginning stages and get on to being a well established photographer. The feelings of self-doubt are really exhausting and I'm doing my best to stop feeling that way and just do what I need to do.

http://taylorjphotography.blogspot.com/
I started work at DSW! I love it a lot. I've been working on the register quite a bit and its wonderful. I feel so blessed to have this job. The people I work with a super nice to me. Its weird how much they swear though. I'm definitely not used to that. And we wear these sweet headsets that make me feel like a werewolf from Twilight cause only we can hear each other. So I'll be talking to a customer and be hearing something else at the same time. Its actually sort of overwhelming sometimes and I have to take it out if I'm talking to someone and they are talking to me at the same time.

New Calling! I got called to be a Ward Missionary! I am STOKED! I love how the Lord really knows what you need to improve on and gives you a calling accordingly. So with this calling I need to find investigators and even get to teach investigaters with the Sister missionaries!

Speaking of Missionaries! I LOVE MISSIONARY LETTERS! I heard from my good friend Matt Doxey in South Africa yesterday after waiting two weeks for a reply! I also heard from Brock Nordstrom in Oklahoma! He drew and colored all over the letter and sent me pictures with expired film of trees...needless to say I loved it.

I recently read a post in Mr. Huston's blog about the worst word in the English language: the N word. If your friends with me, you'll know how much I despise that word. I really appreciated Mr. Huston's accurate explanation for why that word is truly disgusting. I hate how lax the youth of America are with that word. I have friends who use it in joking and it frankly is gross. In High School's across America teenagers use it just without even a second thought. It drives me crazy when people think its OK if black people say that word to each other, because its not. It is still disgusting in every context. If your interested to read his thoughts on the matter, here is his blog: http://gentlyhewstone.wordpress.com./

Well that's all for now. I know that was a random string of thoughts, but that's my life!

PS I'm pretty sure this is my new favorite picture I have ever taken...

2 comments:

  1. Taylor, that picture is gorgeous! And I love hearing your thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! You heard from Matt! Awesome! I never even knew you had a blog Taylor!! I just saw it on the Brasiers blog! :) Love it! How are you doin!??!

    ReplyDelete