Sunday, November 27, 2011

Gratitude

Last week in my Institute class we studied in Joshua (can't quite remember the exact references, sorry about that) about how seriously the Lord takes gratitude. He very much expects us to be grateful. This all brings to mind President Uchtdorf's Relief Society address where he implored the women of the church to recoginze small victories. Since last Tuesday I've made a much more concentrated effort to find gratitude everywhere in my life. So I'm going to actually count my blessings and share them with you right now :)

-Iceland
-Two great jobs
-Being friends with the people I work with
-Having 10+ incredible friends all serving missions for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
-Diversity
-Being an American
-The state of Idaho
-The city of Rexburg
-Snow
-Clouds
-The desert (it took me a VERY long time to be grateful for this, but I'm finally beginning to see its beauty)
-Las Vegas lights at night
-Sigur Ros
-A home where I feel comfortable and loved always
-Great parents
-Awesome siblings who will laugh hysterically during The Muppets movie, even if we're the only ones
-The Old Testament
-France
-BYU-Idaho
-An incredible extended family
-Cousins who are more like sisters
-California
-Ice Cream
-Sunday dinners with my family
-Simon and Garfunkel
-Holidays
-Centennial Hills Singles Ward
-My new calling as New Member Committee

Alright, so this seems like a slightly exhaustive list, but I'm just getting started. I'll leave you with one of my favorite Sigur Ros songs from the extremely touching documentary Heima.

 
"Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet." Bob Marley

No comments:

Post a Comment