Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sprawl

Reading the blogs of others I've realized some things they have in common: goals they actively work toward, marriage (either working toward or recently), exciting trips, big events, etc. My blog consists of none of those things. In fact, I'm afraid my life consists of none of those things...unless you count the goal of saving for college (in which case I'm doing very poorly). For the past few days I've listed to Arcade Fire's newest album The Suburbs. Its pure genius. Driving last night I've declared it the "anthem of my rebellion." My current favorite song is right here for you to enjoy! This is the part I sing every day before I go to work:

They heard me singing and they told me to stop
Quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock
These days my life, I feel it has no purpose
But late at night the feelings swim to the surface



In other news, my friends are leading wild and exciting lives! They've been called on missions to Ogden, Hawaii, Finland, and France! And one of my best friends was married last night. It was a gorgeous reception.

Also today was an awesome day at work! One lady really liked the shoes I helped her find! She gave me a hug and asked to speak to my manager to let her know how much she appreciated the help! Hopefully she calls customer service (like she said she would) and I get a "people's choice award," in which I could use on future resumes!

Despite how nice it is to get praise, sometimes I just get really frustrated with work.  It makes me feel suffocated to think I work 2-3 jobs now and will continue to do so after I reach my goal. There will never be any rest from work for my entire life until I die. I really am afraid I'm not living my life. Call it a college-age-life-crisis if you will, but I'm concerned. Most of my friends have done awesome things like missions, marriage, traveling, volunteering, etc. by now. All I do is go to school and work. I haven't had time to volunteer for a single thing since graduating high school. Anyways, its disheartening at times.

But I am grateful to have the opportunity to move out and spread my wings, even if it is in Idaho! And I'm grateful for my family, they are my best friends and I love living with them. Also I'm grateful for employment, because even though its not my dream life, its what I need right now. And I really have great friends who are wonderful examples to me.

Anyways, thanks for listening to my rant. I am really content with life right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment