Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Trouble

Just the other day I realized something. Not one, not two, but THREE of my favorite songs have the same title: TROUBLE! Pretty wild, eh? You can listen to all three with the fancy youtube links provided below!

I've been reading other peoples blogs and boy they sure are great! I hope I can come up with some more interesting content. 

So I work at a shoe store by the name of DSW. We have a diverse staff at DSW. There is one cross dresser who I enjoy working with a lot, she's really nice, some gay guys; you know, just diverse. But today at closing I heard my coworkers laughing to each other.They said "I thought I saw you at Fremont, I recognized your smile!" to my manager. I asked what was going on? She said oh he dresses in drag! BUT, here's the thing. I could not tell if they were kidding. Seriously, half the drive home this is all I could think about. My manager could be gay, but I never thought a drag queen. And they sounded so jokey! How could it be real! But I do already work with a cross dresser! These are the mysteries of life. 

In other news! I have really been watched out for as of late. I feel so blessed. Recently I actually have been troubled. Worries about how I will pay for the next year of college plagued my every thought and consumed all chance of a positive hopeful attitude. Within two days, though, all these things have happened: two government loan offers (exactly enough for school), my job officially back at the library when I return to school, another housing discount at The Ridge that I hadn't realized before, a semi-commitment from the Photography company for full time work, and this week four jobs! I feel so blessed.

I've been considering progression as of late. Buddhists believe in reincarnation. Your reincarnated according to your level of progression, so if someone isn't doing as well Buddhists simply realize they have not progressed as much. I love that concept. Life is progression. I wish I could sit back and have complete faith that everything will work out (because really, it always does), but instead I mostly get seriously worried and restless. But you know what? Thats ok, because I'm learning and progressing. 


And now for a favorite quote: "The Dalai Lama when asked him what surprised him most about humanity he answered, 'Man. Becuase he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money in order to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then does having never really lived." 

No comments:

Post a Comment