Friday, October 28, 2011

Wild Horses

K folks, your not going to believe this, but I have two more sons with the same title that are my favorite (well almost the same title). Once again the links are provided below.


And now, for some of my thoughts...

At work they play jazzy elevatory versions of popular "pop" songs like Easy like Sunday Morning (except its a techno version) Beat It by Michael Jackson, and Creep by Radiohead. I have to say...I'm not a fan...At first Beat It was disturbing, but Creep...thats just wrong. I have a lot of thinking time while I repeatedly fix shoes and occasionally help customers and I can't help but think "What the crap is Creep doing playing in a shoe store, what kind of message is that?" Lyrics include: "I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo, I don't belong here." If I was the average customer with time to listen to the lyrics I would be a little off put by such lyrics. In fact the song "Creep" was what finally pushed me over the edge and realize I really didn't belong at LVA...anyways, just a thought...

In other news, I've seen multiple people in the last month that I haven't seen since I've graduated from high school. I realize its only been about three years, but its still a little weird and kind of exciting.

Lastly, I've got myself a Pinterest. Its my downfall. I love it so much. I saw a picture on facebook that I found awesome, I dragged my mouse over it to repin it, only to discover that I wasn't on Pinterest and I may have a problem.


PS My favorite line from "Wild Horses" by The Rolling Stones is "Lets do some living after we die."

No comments:

Post a Comment