So tonight I stayed up really late talking to my roommate about places we've been to in America. Recently my desires to explore have taken an unexpected change to places in my home country, the good ole' USA. So in no particular order, here's my top 5:
1. San Francisco, California. Last year a couple of my friends took a spontaneous trip up to San Fran while I was still in Rexburg. I was sorely disappointed I could not join them in their escapade. And the same year my own parents went there just for funsies! One day I will have my glorious day in the San Francisco Bay!
2. Portland, Oregon. Everyone I've ever met from Portland loves it. To be honest, this is the current place I would like to live when I have a family. Its green, cultured, and has seasons! And tons of overcast!
3. Seattle, Washington. If anyone knows me well, they'll know I want to visit (or possibly live) in Seattle.Nirvana started here! And so did Death Cab for Cutie and Dave Matthews! Something great must be happening in Seattle! Plus it rains! A LOT! And hello hum wall and gnome!!
4. New York, New York. This is a new desire, but there is so much going on in New York! Hello Metropolitan Museum, Broadway, Central Park, The Empire State Building, The Statue of Liberty, etc. Need I say more?
5. Well I can't really think of a 5th one, so I'll go with Chicago, Illinois. The Brendan Leonard Show. THIS AMERICAN LIFE! And my awesome roommate Tiffany is from Chicago. So there you go.